A partial denture is made up of one or more acrylic teeth to replace missing natural teeth.
Gum-coloured acrylic is used to attach these teeth to a metal framework, which is held in the mouth either by friction, metal clasps or precision attachments.
Adapting to Your Partial Dentures
- Practice speaking by reading out loud until your tongue adjusts to the denture
- Remove your partial denture after each meal to ensure that the supporting teeth and gums are kept clean
- Eat soft foods at first to allow the gums supporting the partial denture time to adapt to function
- Clean your dentures with a regular toothbrush or denture brush every day
- Store your denture in water when not wearing it