Maintain Good Oral Health With Regular Professional Teeth Cleanings
You should get your teeth professionally cleaned twice per year to ensure your dental hygiene is at optimum levels. If it’s been a long time since you’ve had teeth cleaning, you may need to undergo a deep cleaning session where your dentist will clean your mouth to treat gum and periodontal disease.
All of our services are performed by general dentists.
Why Do I Need a Professional Teeth Cleaning?
While it’s very important for you to brush and floss every day, you also need to visit the dentist for professional teeth cleanings about twice a year. Getting your teeth cleaned may improve your dental hygiene and provide you with many benefits, including:
- Removing plaque, reducing the potential for cavities
- Maintaining healthy gums, reducing the potential for tooth loss
- Lightening stains
- Freshening your breath
- Potentially boosting overall health and lowering risk of disease
What to Expect from a Teeth Cleaning
There are several steps to a professional teeth cleaning.
- X-rays which allow your dentist to see deep into your teeth and determine if there are any problems that need to be addressed.
- A physical exam of your entire mouth, performed by a dental hygienist using a variety of tools to look for signs of gingivitis and other concerns.
- Removal of plaque and tartar. This is the step that people usually dislike the most, as it involves using a scaler tool that makes scraping sounds.
- Cleaning your teeth with a high powered electric toothbrush.
- Expert flossing to locate trouble spots and remove any leftover plaque.
- A mouth rinse to remove any debris left over from brushing and flossing. The rinse may contain liquid fluoride which helps protect your teeth.